Half a year ago I started a YouTube channel. Since then I have shot, edited and published 29 videos. I am amazed at how many things I learned.
- how to talk into a camera
- how to record high quality sound
- how to process sound in the video editor
- how to find and add sound effects
- how to make J-cuts and L-cuts
- how to use green screen
- how to find and add music
- how to color correct
- how to stabilize footage
- how to make a thumbnail
- how to add subtitles in the video editor
- how to find and add b-roll
- how to set up and script longer videos
- how to deal with the disappointment of nobody watching
- how to deal with the excitement of suddenly many people watching
- how to promote my videos
- how to enjoy it all
Inspired by a Roberto Blake video I decided to ‘make 100 crappy videos’.
The best way to learn something is to do it. Curious what I will learn in the next 71 videos.